IslamNews – The liberal international Order, established after the Second World War, faces potential challenges from its main driver US. The US hegemonic leadership is being challenged by the resurgent Russia and China. In the last few years, China emerged as the principle threat to the supremacy of United States and its role as the global hegemon. The rise of Trump doctrine, the Brexit vote, the resurgence of populism around the world, the decline in multilateralism, and trade protectionism have produced anxieties about the decline of a Liberal International Order. The rise of China’s authoritarian capitalist model, proliferation of nationalist politics, technology-induced disruptions, the resurgence of zero-sum geopolitics, and rejections of economic openness, have led some to question whether the roots of liberal international order is in a state of terminal decline. These are all beginning to shake the foundations of liberal world order. International Organisation such as the World Trade Organization (WTO) was built to promote the liberalisation of international trade for the global economy and economies of individual countries. But growing protectionist and unilateral actions of the nation states have threatened the basic foundation of the WTO. The former US President, Donald Trump’s declaration on globalization- as a less value to be cherished- has led to theoretical and analytical discourses on post liberal international order. The victory of Joe Biden as the president of the US has raised expectations about the restoration of some of the values of liberalism, but how far can he sustain the momentum needs to be seen. It is against this background that the Centre for International Politics and Law (CIPL) proposes to organize a two-day International Conference on the theme, “Liberal International Order and its Challenges”, at the Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University, Mathura, India on 22-23 March 2021. The following themes are proposed for deliberation:
- Liberal International Order: History, evolution and decay
- Resurgence of China and Russia: Do they threaten the existing order?
- International Law and Trade War
- India and the Liberal International Order
- Globalization: Key challenges
- Challenges of Liberal International Order: Hyper-nationalism, populism, protectionism and pandemic
- Role of international organizations in sustaining liberal international order
Submission of Paper
This international conference is open to scholars/academics, who wish to submit full paper and make a presentation. The full-length papers must be submitted to the conference organizers in the following e-mail IDs: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12th March 2021. All papers submitted for presentation at the Conference are subjected to a double-blind peer review process. Decision on the acceptance of papers for this Conference will be communicated by 14th March 2021. Selected papers from the conference will be considered for publication in an edited book by a reputed national/international publisher. The guidelines for submission of full paper for the Conference are given below:
• Details of the Paper Presenter (name, designation, organization, address, telephone, mobile and email) must be mentioned along with a short biographical note (100 words).
• A 200-word Abstract narrating objective/scope/rationale, research methods, main arguments, findings/conclusions and recommendations.
• At least five Keywords should be given.
• The participants must adhere to plagiarism rules in the paper (below 10 per cent).
• Full paper submission (Max 3000-4000 word). must follow the referencing style as per the Chicago Manual- https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html)
• Style-sheet of the paper: Format (MS Word), Font (Times New Roman), Font size (12) and Spacing (1.5).
Important Dates of Conference
Deadline for Submission of Paper: 12 March 2021
Notification of Acceptance of Paper: 14 March 2021
Conference Date: 22-23 March 2021
Conference Organizing Committee
Prof (Dr.) Avinas Dadhich
Dean, Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University, Mathura.
Prof Anupam Sharma
Professor & Head, Department of Political Science & Human Rights I.G. National Tribal University (A Central University), Amarkantak.
Dr. Sandeep Tripathi
Assistant Professor & Head, Centre for International Politics and Law, ILSR, GLA University.
Tel: +915662250772 (Office) +917533048497 (Mobile), +919456262728
Registration Fee: 500/- INR (10/-US Dollar)